English 中文U.S. Consulate GeneralGuangzhou, ChinaPlease follow the steps below before your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. ConsulateGeneral in Guangzhou, China.Step 1: Register onlineYou must register online to provide the information we need to return your passport andvisa package to you after your interview. Registration is free. Click the “Register” buttonbelow. Select “New Application/Schedule Appointment” and then select “ImmigrantVisa-Scheduled by NVC-Registration Only.”RegisterContact informationU.S. Consulate General#43 Hua Jiu RoadZhujiang New TownTianhe DistrictGuangzhou 510623 Email:Online help center Cancel and Reschedule:Online help center Map:Step 2: Get a medical exam in ChinaAs soon as you receive your appointment date, you must schedule a medical exam inChina. Click the “Medical Exam Instructions” button below for a list of designatedphysician offices in China. Please schedule and attend a medical exam with one of thesedoctors before your interview.Medical Exam InstructionsOther links Diversity visa instructionsStep 3: Complete your pre-interview checklist After your interviewIt is important that you bring all required original documents to your interview. We havecreated a checklist of what to bring. Please print the checklist below and bring it to yourinterview along with the listed documents. Frequently asked questions Where to find civil documentsSocial mediaPre-Interview ChecklistStep 4: Review interview guidelinesInterview Preparation VideoRead our interview guidelines to learn about special actions you need to take before yourvisa interview.Interview GuidelinesUpdated November 5, 2020

Medical Exam InstructionsAll immigrant visa applicants, regardless of age, require a medical examination prior to the issuance of avisa. Only a physician accredited by the U.S. Consulate can perform this exam. It is your responsibility toschedule a medical exam with one of the physicians listed below BEFORE your visa interview at the U.S.Consulate. Medical examination results from other physicians will not be accepted.Approved physiciansBEIJINGBeijing International Travel Healthcare Center20 Hepingli North Street, Dongcheng Dist., BeijingTel: (010) 82005029 / 82003383Website: fee: RMB1248 for adult, RMB1445 for child aged2 to 14, RMB705 for child aged under 2FUJIANFujian Provincial Hospital (South Branch)No. 516 Jinrong South Road, Fuzhou, FujianTel: (0591) 88619601 / 88619602Website: fee: RMB1400 for adult, RMB1500 for child aged2 to 14, RMB900 for child aged under 2GUANGZHOUHealth Care Center of Guangdong International Travel4F, 5/F East Tower, Poly Bld, No. 59 Huali Rd, Zhujiang NewTown, GuangzhouTel: (020) 81219500 / 8129513Website: gdwbzx.comBasic fee: RMB1300 for adult, RMB1500 for child aged 2 to14, RMB700 for child aged under 2SHANGHAIShanghai International Travel Medical Center2F. Bld 3, No. 15 Jin Bang Road, ShanghaiTel: (021) 62688851Website: fee: RMB1300 for adult, RMB1500 for child aged 2 to14, RMB900 for child aged under 2Items to bring to your medical examination Your visa interview letter,Your passport,Recently taken passport-sized color photographs (refer to the physicians’ website for instructions), andA copy of your immunization records.During the medical examThe medical examination will include a medical history review, physical examination, chest X-ray, gonorrhea test, andblood tests (for applicants 15 years of age or older). The United States also requires tuberculosis (TB) testing for allapplicants two years of age and older. Please be prepared to discuss your medical history, medications you are taking,and current treatments you are undergoing. More information on general medical requirements for U.S. immigrants isavailable here. U.S. immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations prior to theissuance of a visa. Current immigrant visa vaccination requirements are available here. You can also read FrequentlyAsked Questions about our medical examination requirements online.After the medical examWhen your examination is completed, the doctor will either provide you with exam results in a sealed envelope or sendthem directly to the U.S. Consulate. IF GIVEN AN ENVELOPE TO CARRY TO YOUR INTERVIEW, DO NOT OPEN THISENVELOPE. Instead, bring it to your visa interview. Applicants using the e-medical process are not required to bring anyX-rays to the port-of-entry. If you are NOT using the e-Medical process, you must hand carry your X-rays when you travelto the United States and present them to the U.S. immigration inspector at the port-of-entry, along with your immigrantvisa packet. DO NOT PLACE X-RAYS IN YOUR LUGGAGE.Return to topAny medical examination fees, including x-ray and blood test fees, must be paid directly to the examining physician.Bring the following items to your medical exam:

Pre-Interview Checklist Please use the list below to determine the items every applicant must bring to the immigrant visa interview.Any documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation: Appointment Letter: A copy of your interview letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), does not apply toDiversity Visa, fiancé(e), adoptive, or asylee/refugee applicants. Passport: Each applicant must have a passport for travel to the United States that is valid for at least eight (8)months beyond the visa issuance date. Bring any expired or cancelled passports you may have. Photographs: Bring two 2x2 inch (50 mm x 50 mm), full-face color photographs with a white backgroundwithout eyeglasses. For more information, see our photo requirements online. All applicants, regardless of age, must submit photographs.Photos must not be more than six (6) months old. Form DS-260 Confirmation Page: Print and bring the confirmation page of the DS-260 Application for anImmigrant Visa form that you submitted online at For more information, see DS-260instructions. Online Registration Confirmation Page: Print and bring the confirmation page of your online appointmentregistration from Step 1. Applicants born in Mainland China must obtain a certified copy of the birth certificate issued by a localnotary public office.The notarized birth certificate must state the date, place of birth, and names of both parents (even ifdeceased). If parents’ names are unknown, the notarized birth certificate must state “unknown.”If adopted, provide a notarized adoption certificate, abandonment certificate, or custody transfercertificates.Third-Country Nationals: Provide an original birth certificate, one photocopy, and a certified Englishtranslation.All applicants who have ever used another name or alias on legal documentation or for any other officialpurpose must provide a certified alias certificate. Police Certificates: ALL APPLICANTS OVER 16 YEARS OF AGE MUST PROVIDE: A police certificate issued within the last 12months (with a certified English translation) from your country/territory of nationality that covers theENTIRE TIME you have lived in that country since age 16. Chinese local notary offices are the onlyauthority that can issue Chinese Police Certificates.Do you currently reside outside the country of your nationality? AND have you resided there forlonger than six (6) months?- If yes to both, please also provide a police certificate issued within the last 12 months (with a certifiedEnglish translation) from that country.Have you ever lived anywhere else outside your country of nationality for more than one year?- If yes, provide a police certificate (with a certified English translation) from that country which coversthe entire period of residency.Are you a K-1 visa applicant?- If yes, provide a police certificate (with a certified English translation) that covers the entire period ofresidency from all countries you have resided in for six (6) months or longer since age 16.More information on obtaining police certificates can be found on our country-specific webpage. Continued on next page Return to top Birth Certificate plus a Certified English Translation:

Pre-Interview Checklist Court and Prison Records: Applicants who have been convicted of a crime in any jurisdiction must obtain a certified copy of each courtrecord, including disposition, and any prison record, regardless of the outcome of the case.The records must be notarized, and you must also submit a certified English translation.Police certificates submitted by applicants who have committed a crime should include convictioninformation and should attest that they have no other criminal record beyond the convictions alreadydescribed. Applicants who were married in Mainland China must have a notarized marriage certificate issued by a localnotary public office.Non-Mainland Chinese applicants must provide the original marriage certificate, a certified Englishtranslation, and one photocopy.You must also bring certificates showing the termination of any previous marriages (e.g. death certificate ofa spouse, final decree of divorce or annulment). Evidence of Your Relationship with the Petitioner: Evidence of a relationship includes, but is not limited to,photographs with the petitioner, communication records, money transmittal records, household registration, proof ofbiological children, etc. Medical Examination Results: All applicants, regardless of age, must bring their medical examination and vaccinationrecords in the sealed envelope given to you by the consulate-approved physician (see page 2). Do not open theseenvelopes. Affidavits of Financial Support:By signing Form I-864, your petitioner (including co-sponsor(s) and joint sponsor(s)) are agreeing to use theirresources to support you and any dependents, if it becomes necessary. If you or your dependents immigrating withyou receive any of the designated federal, state or local means-tested public benefits, you should expect theagency providing the benefit to request repayment from your sponsor(s). That agency can take legal action againstany of your sponsors if the cost of the benefits provided is not repaid. Please see the for moreinformation on means-tested public benefits. For Family-Based Visa categories: The petitioner must submit a signed: (1) Form I-864 or Form I-864EZ , ifapplicable; (2) Form I-864A signed by the relevant member of household if the petitioner jointly filed taxes;and (3) a copy of his/her IRS-issued tax transcript for the most recent year (or recent U.S. federal income taxreturn and corresponding W-2’s if transcript isn’t available) and all supporting financial documents needed toverify the income reported on tax returns - i.e. W-2 form, 1099-MISC form, proof of rental income, proof ofbusiness income, proof of social security benefits, etc. for the latest year available OR a statement of why thepetitioner did not file federal taxes.For Applicants Submitting Any Form I-864: Proof of your U.S. petitioner and any joint sponsor’s status anddomicile in the United States is required. A photocopy of a U.S. passport, birth certificate, naturalizationcertificate, or lawful permanent resident card are all acceptable to prove your U.S. petitioner’s status.If your petitioner has no income or does not meet poverty income guidelines: The petitioner will still needto complete an affidavit of support Form I-864 or I-864EZ. However, you will also need to find a joint sponsorwho meets the poverty income guidelines for the relevant family size. The joint sponsor must submit alldocuments listed above, proof of domicile in the United States, and proof of either U.S. citizenship or LPRstatus. Continued on next page Return to top Marriage, Divorce, and Death Certificates:

Pre-Interview Checklist For biological children of U.S. citizens (IR-2) under age 18 OR widows of U.S. citizens (IW): Please completeForm I-864W instead of Form I-864 or I-864EZ.For employment (E) visa categories: Provide an original job offer letter from the petitioning business signedwithin the past year. A Form I-864 and the IRS-issued tax transcript for the most recent year are alsorequired if a relative is the petitioner (or) has a 5% or more ownership interest in the petitioning business.For returning residents (SB-1), diversity visa (DV), and fiancé (K1): The sponsor or petitioner who willfinancially support you should complete Form I-134 and provide a copy of his/her IRS-issued tax transcriptand all supporting financial documents needed to verify the income reported on his or her tax returns- i.e. W-2 form, 1099-MISC form, proof of rental income, proof of business income, proof of social securitybenefits, etc. for the latest year available OR a statement of why the petitioner did not file federal taxes. Ifyour sponsor does not meet poverty income guidelines, you will need to find a joint sponsor and have themsubmit Form I-134, IRS-issued tax transcript, and all supporting financial documents.Affidavit of Support Photocopies: The affidavit of support must account for all applicants on thepetition. Each derivative family member needs to bring one (1) photocopy of the principal applicant’saffidavit(s) of support. If each applicant has their own individual petition, each affidavit of support mustinclude that applicant’s own name.You can find more information on affidavits of support and the supporting financial evidence required on theUSCIS website and on the Department of State website. Original or certified copies of birth certificates for all children of the principal applicant (even if he or she is notaccompanying). If you are an EB5 applicant (C5, I5, T5, and R5): Proof that your investment funds have been transferred to anescrow account or made available to the U.S. investment project. If you are an E1, E2, and E3 employment applicant or a DV visa applicant: A detailed resume